Thanks to Jane’s Patisserie who worked with us on this year’s National Cream Tea Day to create this amazingly moreish Salted Caramel, and clotted cream genache tart.
Jane created this recipe in aid of her local charity Rowan’s Hospice, that she is kindly donating to herself! ❤️ You can find the recipe below.
For the Base
1) Blitz/crush your biscuits to a ﬁne crumb!
2) Mix in your melted butter!
3) Press into the base and sides of a 23cm loose bottomed tart tin!
For the Filling
4) Spread your salted caramel onto the biscuit base and refrigerate for now!
For the Topping
5) Add your milk chocolate, clotted cream and butter to a bowl!
6) Heat in the microwave on 30 second bursts, stirring well each time, until smooth!
7) Alternatively, heat over a double boiler!
8) Pour over the caramel, and leave to set in the fridge till solid! It’s about 2-3 hours.
For the Decoration
9) Melt 50g of chocolate, and drizzle over the tart!
10)Sprinkle on some freeze dried raspberries, and chocolate shavings and enjoy!
This dessert serves 10-12 slices, and lasts for 3 days in the fridge!