Online Shop Terms and Conditions
- These terms form part of a legally-binding contract between you and A.E. Rodda & Son Ltd (referred to in these terms as “Rodda’s” – the words “we”, “us”, “our” and similar words also refer to Rodda’s).
- These terms apply when you buy something (whether that’s a product, a gift voucher, an event, or something else) directly from our website (roddas.co.uk/shop).
- By buying anything directly from our website, you are agreeing to these terms. Because we can change these terms from time to time, we do recommend that you print off a copy and keep them safe.
- We want and expect you to be delighted with any purchase from Rodda’s. If you have any complaints about any Rodda’s products, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact by phone by calling 01209 823300 and give us the chance to investigate and, if relevant, try to put things right for you.
- The terms in this “General Terms” section apply to all purchases made on our website. If there is anything in the “Specific Terms” section below (including the separate terms referred to in that section) which conflicts with these General Terms, the relevant bit of the Specific Terms will apply instead.
In these terms, certain words and phrases have specific meanings:
- Product means anything you buy directly from us on our Website
- Website means all pages at the domain roddas.co.uk
- we, us, our or related words refer to A.E.Rodda & Son Ltd (Rodda’s).
- you, your or related words refer to the buyer of a Product
- Any words following “including”, “includes”, “for example”, “in particular” or any similar expression are illustrative only and do not change the sense of the wider clause they are used in.
- If you are placing an order from the Website you must:
- provide your real name, phone number, email address, payment details including invoice address and other requested information.
- where applicable, give us a delivery address (not a PO box number, hotel or other temporary accommodation address); and
- possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us.
- Making an Online Contract
- Your order is an offer to buy from us. When you are placing an order, the following steps must take place before a contract is made between us:
- After adding what you wish to purchase to your “Basket” and entering your card details, you place your order by pressing the ‘Place Order’ button at the end of the check-out process.
- You will see an on-screen acknowledgement of your order. You will receive a receipt for your payment and an email confirming your order for each thing you buy shortly after we receive payment from you (“Confirmation Email”).
- We accept your order at the time you receive the Confirmation Email. Nothing that we say or do will amount to any acceptance of your offer until you receive the applicable Confirmation Email, at which point a contract will be made between us unless, before your receipt of the Confirmation Email, we have notified you that we do not accept your order.
- We may decline your order for any reason, in which case you will receive an email telling you so. If the reason for declining your order is because we cannot obtain authorisation of your payment details, you are able to provide an alternative payment method if you wish.
Prices and Payment
- The prices for Products will be shown on our Website. We use our best efforts to ensure that the prices of Products are correct at the time of being uploaded to the Website. If we discover an error in the price of any Product(s) you ordered, please see clause 12 below for what happens.
- Although we try very hard to ensure that all information on this Website is accurate, occasionally errors may occur. This is what happens if we discover an error:
- If we discover an error in the description of a Product that you have ordered, we will let you know and ask whether you wish to continue with your order or cancel it.
- Where the Website showed a price which was too high, we will refund the difference to you or provide the option for a full refund.
- Where the Website showed a price which was too low, and the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing, we do not have to provide the Product(s) to you at the incorrect (lower) price. We will contact you as soon as possible to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Product(s) at the correct (higher) price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing.
- Prices for the Products may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order which we have already confirmed with a Confirmation Email.
- The prices for Products shown on the Website are inclusive of VAT. Our 227g and 453g portions include delivery in the price and this is noted on the product descriptions. All other products exclude the cost of delivery to you (where applicable). When ordering via the Website, you will see the total cost of your order in your Basket and also be given an opportunity to review and amend your Basket before you submit your order.
- We currently accept payment for Products by the Visa and MasterCard. By placing your order, you confirm that the card that you use to make payment to us is yours and that you have authority to use that payment card.
- We take payment from your card once your details have been processed, subject to card authorisation. If we are unable to supply the Product(s), we will let you know as soon as possible. We will give you a full refund if we have already taken payment for a Product that we can no longer supply.
- Payment for the Products and all applicable delivery charges is in advance.
Exclusion and Limitation of Liability
- There are certain liabilities which we cannot exclude by law and nothing in our contract with excludes or limits our liability for the following things:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any other thing for which we are not legally allowed to limit (or try to limit) our liability or obligations to you.
- You have certain rights as a consumer, including legal rights relating to Products that are faulty or not as described. Our terms already reflect those legal rights and nothing in our contract with you will reduce them. For further information about your legal rights, please contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice.
- We will not be responsible or liable for:
- any losses related to any business of yours, including loss of data, profits, revenue, business, opportunity, goodwill or reputation, or business interruption; or
- any losses which were not something we could have reasonably expected (as consequences of us doing anything wrong under our contract with you) when entering into that contract.
- We will not be in breach of our obligations under our contract with you if we are prevented or delayed from complying with those obligations by:
- anything you (or anyone acting on your behalf) does or fails to do; or
- events or circumstances beyond our reasonable control (including fire, flood, pandemics, extreme weather, bio-emergencies, strikes, trade disputes, lock-outs, restrictions of imports or exports, riot, accident, disruption to energy supplies, civil commotion, acts of terrorism or war).
- Some laws require that certain information or communications we send to you should be in writing. You agree that communicating with you by email, text message, notices on our Website or other text-based electronic methods counts as communicating with you in writing.
- If any part of our contract with you is found to be unenforceable as a matter of law, all other parts of that contract are unaffected and will remain in force.
- Any contract we form with you is personal to you. You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under that contract.
- Nobody apart from us and the buyer of a Product has any rights under this contract.
- Our contract terms are available in English only.
- English law applies to the terms of our contract with you, their subject matter and their formation, and the English Courts have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising about those things.
- The terms in this “Specific Terms” section apply certain types of purchases only, as explained in more detail below. You can use the following links to jump to the terms of interest to you.
- Physical Products
- We deliver to postcodes within the UK (excluding The Isle of Wight, The Channel Islands, The Isles of Scilly, Ilse of Mann, parts of Northern Scotland, Northern and Southern Ireland). Please contact our sales team for further details on areas we can deliver to by calling 01209 823300 or emailing email@example.com.
- You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country to which the Product(s) will be delivered. We will not be liable or responsible if you break any such law.
- Delivery (where relevant) will be by Royal Mail or another reputable carrier on their standard days of business and during their normal posting hours.
- We make every effort to dispatch Products within the estimated timescales; however, delays occasionally occur due to unforeseen circumstances. If we must delay dispatch or cancel the delivery of an order for any reason, we will try to notify you by email or via the Website as soon as we are able. We will not be liable for any delay or failure to dispatch or deliver the products within the estimated timescales.
- All 227g and 453g portions are sent via First Class Royal Mail, complete with insulated packaging and ice packs to allow temperature control for 36 hours.
- On larger orders for portions, gifting or 907g portions, we send our deliveries via Parcelforce. We offer delivery weekdays Tuesday to Friday. Orders for the next working day must be placed by 9.59am the day before. Any orders placed after 9.59am on a Thursday, will be processed and dispatched the following Monday for delivery on Tuesday. We do not offer weekend delivery.
Returns / Your Right to Cancel
- If customers are unhappy with their order, contact must be made within 7 days and must arrange for the return of goods where possible for a replacement or refund. All requests for refunds can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting our customer service team on 01209 823300.
- It is up to you to make sure that any returned Product reaches us safely. We also recommend that you obtain proof of postage.
- As long as you follow the above, and any returned Product is unused, clean and undamaged, we will refund you within 14 days of receiving it. We are allowed to reduce the amount of any refund if a returned Product shows signs of use, is not in its original packaging (complete with any tags and documents), is dirty or damaged, or is otherwise not in a condition which would allow it to be re-sold by us – the amount of any such reduction depends on the condition of the Product (and may result in no refund being given).
- These terms and conditions do not affect the customer’s statutory rights.
- Where we run competitions, the additional terms which apply are set out on the competition’s terms and condition page, which can be found on the competition home page. There may also be additional terms set out in the competition notice, advertisement or description, in which case those apply as well.
The Website is provided by A E Rodda & Son Ltd, a company incorporated in England, whose registered office address is:
Registered address: The Creamery, Scorrier, Redruth, Cornwall, TR16 5BU
VAT number: GB 131 775 963