To make the crêpe batter
- Sift flour and salt into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and break in the egg. Beat well and add the milk gradually to form a smooth batter.
- Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
To make the orange sauce
- Put the caster sugar and orange juice into a cold non-stick frying pan and place over a low-medium heat, stirring occasionally until it starts to simmer.
- Once simmering add the orange zest, segmented orange, spices and alcohol (if using) and return the pan to a low heat, stir and simmer until the sauce has become a syrup consistency.
- Add the butter to the orange sauce in small pieces and stir until melted. Once the butter has melted bring the sauce to the boil once more for a minute or two until the sauce is glossy.
To make the crêpes
- Heat the oil in a 24cm non-stick pancake pan and pour a tablespoon of the batter in.
- Tip the pan until the crêpe mixture covers the whole base and cook for 1 minute each side or until golden.
- Once golden, turn out onto baking parchment, covering the crêpes with tin foil to keep warm.
- Repeat until all the batter has been used up.
To make the spiced Rodda’s clotted cream
- Add the mixed spice to the Rodda’s clotted cream and stir through gently until just combined. Spoon into a small bowl or ramekin.
- Fold the crêpes into half and half again to form quarters and place on a large dish, overlapping each one.
- Spoon over the orange sauce and serve immediately with the spiced Rodda’s clotted cream.