To make the pancake batter
- In a large bowl combine the self-raising flour, baking powder, golden caster sugar and a pinch of salt. Stir together until thoroughly combined.
- Place the Rodda’s butter and Rodda’s clotted cream in a pan. Place the pan on a low heat until melted and combined. Alternatively place in a microwave proof bowl and microwave for 30 seconds until melted and combined.
- Take your dry ingredients, make a well in the centre and crack in 3 large eggs, adding the melted butter and Rodda’s clotted cream mixture, along with the milk & a pinch of salt
- Whisk the mixture vigorously until smooth and pour into a large jug. Set the mixture aside whilst you make the syrup and mascarpone.
To make the red wine berry syrup
- Prep the cherries (or other berries if using) by washing, removing the stones and stalks and by cutting in half.
- Add the cherries (or berries), caster sugar and red wine (or juice alternative) to a cold pan and place on a high heat, stirring constantly until it starts to boil. Once it starts to boil, reduce the heat slightly and simmer for 3 -5 mins until glossy, the cherries have softened and the sauce has thickened. Keep on a low heat whilst you cook the pancakes.
To make the pancakes
- Heat a small knob of butter and 1 tsp of vegetable oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. When the butter begins to look frothy, pour in a ladle’s worth of the batter and leave to cook.
- Cook the pancake on one side for 1-2 mins until lots of tiny bubbles start to appear around the edges and on the surface.
- Flip the pancake over and cook for a further minute on the other side until golden all over.
- Once the pancake is golden all over, remove from the pan and repeat until all the batter is used up, wrapping each pancake in foil to keep warm once cooked.
To make the clotted cream mascarpone
- Mix the cinnamon, vanilla and mascarpone with the Rodda’s clotted cream with a large spoon until just combined.
- Take one of the pancakes, spread a layer of the clotted cream mascarpone over it using a palette knife.
- Place on a plate and spoon over the cherry syrup mix.
- Repeat to give the desired serving or pancake stack to share!