Most Wonderful Cream Tea Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. By submitting your entry to this promotion, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entries submitted with incomplete information, or found to contain invalid information, shall be deemed invalid entries.
Promoter: A.E Rodda & Son, The Creamery, Scorrier, Redruth, Cornwall, TR16 5BU
- Cream Tea Society promotion is run by Rodda’s and is open to residents of Great Britain (England, Scotland, Wales) the Channel Islands and the Isle of Wight,
- Open to ages 15 and under. All entries must be submitted by someone 18+
- Employees and their immediate families, of Rodda’s and Wilkin and Sons (“the Promoter”), it’s agents or anyone professionally connected with this promotion are not permitted to enter.
- One entry per person during the promotional period.
- One win per household.
- Valid UK postal address required for prize fulfilment.
- The promotion will commence at 09:00 on the 31st May, 2021, and closes at 17:00 on the 14th June, 2021.
How to Enter:
To enter the Rodda’s ‘what’s your most wonderful cream tea’ prize draw there are 2 options.
- Visit https://www.roddas.co.uk/wonderfulcreamteas/ and download our cream tea template from our website, or create your own creations from scratch. Use this to draw your own cream tea creation, ensuring it has the three layers that make up a cream tea – the scone, the jam layer and the cream and any additional items you would like to add. Please send your creations by emailing email@example.com. Please be sure to include the child’s first name, age and location in email, so we know where each entry has come from.
- Comment on the Cream Tea Society ‘Wonderful Cream Tea competition’ post on Instagram by uploading a photo of your creation, with what your wonderful cream tea creation is. All posts should include the child’s first name, age and location.
- The winning cream tea, which is chosen by Juliet Sear, will be announced on the 25th June, 2021, National Cream Tea Day. The winning cream tea entry will be made by Juliet Sear on the 16th of July, 2021, and published as a bake-a-long on. As well as this, £200 will be donated to a charity of their choice as well as some Rodda’s and Tiptree goodies.
- Runners up will receive: a BakedIn Home baking kit valued at £20, as well as a selection of Rodda’s and Tiptree products.
The top tier prize does not include:
- Any other costs associated with the prize such as additional ingredients needed.
All prizes are non-transferable (no cash alternative) and will be issued to the winner listed as the lead contact at the time of entry. Prizes are as stated there are no alternatives.
Winner Selection & Notification:
- All winners will be selected by our independent judges Nicholas Rodda, Managing Director of Rodda’s and Scott Goodfellow, Managing Director of Wilkin and Son, Tiptree.
- Entries will be judged and shortlisted down to the final three winners without any names being disclosed. The process will be filmed to show the deliberation process.
- Our National Cream Tea Ambassador, Juliet Sear will judge the final three entries and select a winner. The entries will not show any names of ages of the winners to allow an independent decision.
- Top tier prize winners will be chosen on 21/06/2021. Winners will be notified within 5 days of the decision being made.
- Winners that entered via email will be notified by e-mail on the day of the draw dates stated above. Full postal address and a mobile phone number for shipping the prizes will be requested.
- Winners that entered via Facebook and Instagram will be notified via direct message on the draw date stated above. Delivery name, address and phone number for the prize delivery will be requested
- If a winner does not provide a valid email address and telephone number, is not contactable or fails to respond to initial email / direct message notification within five working days from the date of the initial notification, the prize may be reallocated by the Promoter to a reserve winner selected in the same manner
- If a winner does not provide a valid UK postal address for shipping of the prize, the prize may be reallocated by the Promoter to a reserve winner selected in the same manner
- Prizes will be sent to winners by Rodda’s.
- Prizes will be delivered within 10 days of the winner providing confirmation of address
- Winners will be required to disclose a name, address and telephone number to enable delivery of the prize. A mobile number will be required if the recipient wants to track the progress of the delivery
- The data supplied to the courier will be held with them until delivery is completed
- Winners are responsible for accepting the delivery of the prizes at the address specified and providing the correct address details. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen prizes after delivery has been made.
- If required by a regulatory authority, and/or if we consider it lawful, necessary or appropriate to do so, we may elect to make available a list of winner’s surname and/or county to members of the public or regulators who request such details within 3 months of the closing date of this Promotion. Entrants can object to disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope. We may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so. You may request a copy of the winners’ list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to refuse any or all such requests.
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered.
- In the event of circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this competition at any time with no liability to any entrant or any third party but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to address and identity details (which winners must provide within five days of notification of win) and to refuse to award the prize and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant if there are reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions by an entrant. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion invalidate the relevant entry and disqualify the entrant from the Promotion, irrespective of the stage in the Promotion reached.
- Secondary prize winners – no cash or another alternative prize will be provided in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value.
- Winners are responsible for redeeming the prize.
- If for any reason any aspect of the Promotion does not function correctly, whether by means of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter that corrupts or affects the administration, integrity or fairness of the Promotion, then the Promoter may at its sole discretion cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or invalidate affected entries.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies accept no liability for any loss, expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with the Promotion other than such liability that cannot be excluded by law including death or personal injury caused by negligence, where liability shall be limited to the minimum permissible by law.
- The Promoter’s decision in all matters relating to the Promotion is final and binding.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- This Promotion is subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this competition in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control.
Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent. Please see the Promoter’s for more information.
Fulfilment of the winner’s hampers will be processed and sent via a third-party company – Parcel Force, Trading as Royal Mail Group. Royal Mail Group includes Royal Mail and Parcelforce Worldwide. The data controller processing your personal data will be Royal Mail Group Limited. Whose registered office is Royal Mail Group Limited, 100 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0HQ.
Royal Mail Group, at the written request of the Data Controller, delete (or otherwise dispose of) the Personal Data or return it to the Promoter in the format(s) reasonably requested within a reasonable time after the earlier of the following:
- The end of the provision of the Services under the Service Agreement; or
- the processing of that Personal Data by the Data Processor is no longer required for the performance of the Data Processor’s obligations under this Agreement.
All personal and other data relating to entrants will be retained by The Promoter for a reasonable period after the competition closes to assist in administering the competition in a consistent manner and to allow the answering of any queries regarding the competition.
When entering a competition via the microsite, participants will be given the option to sign up to the Promoters newsletter. Please note this is optional and participants can still enter The Promoter’s Competitions without joining this mailing list.