500 g of your desired pasta
250 ml Clotted Cream
12 slices pancetta or 12 slices of smoked streaky bacon, roughly sliced
400 ml fresh or frozen peas
2 sprigs fresh mint, leaves picked freshly
Grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the pasta, and cook according to the packet instructions.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl with the Clotted Cream, salt and pepper.
- Put the pancetta or bacon into a second pan and cook until crispy and golden.
- When the pasta is nearly cooked, add the peas for the last minute and a half. This way they will burst in your mouth and be lovely and sweet.
- Add the pasta to the pancetta and stir in most of the mint, finely sliced – if the pan isn’t big enough, mix it all together in a large warmed bowl.
- Now add the egg and cream mix to the pasta. What’s important here is that you add it while the pasta is still hot. This way, the residual heat of the pasta will cook the eggs, but not so that they resemble scrambled eggs. The pasta will actually cook the egg enough to give you a silky smooth sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with the Parmesan and the rest of the mint leaves, and serve as soon as possible.