Rodda’s Privacy Notice
We respect and protect the privacy of those individuals whose personal data we process including visitors to our website. Please read our Privacy Notice carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data. This explains what information we gather and helps us ensure that you understand and consent to our uses of such information.
Rodda’s are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected in accordance with the applicable provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) and all implementing and related legislation and regulations as applicable in England and Wales (“GDPR”) .
- roddas.co.uk (“Website”) is owned and operated by A E Rodda & Son Limited which is a company incorporated in England with number 3833628 whose registered office is The Creamery, Scorrier, Redruth, Cornwall, TR16 5BU and is referred to as “we/our/us” or “Rodda’s” in this Privacy Notice.
- Rodda’s is committed to safeguarding and respecting your privacy in compliance with the GDPR. Rodda’s is registered with the Information Commissioner as a data controller with registration number Z8045009.
- The content on this website is provided ‘as is’, and Rodda’s gives no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the content and assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in it or the effect it has upon your computer.
- Please note that the Website may from time to time contain links to and from other websites. Rodda’s cannot vouch for the suitability or accuracy of the content of those sites and so you use them at your own risk. Any references to linked sites or to third-party companies, products or services by name does not constitute or infer its endorsement by Rodda’s.
Information we may collect
Rodda’s collects the following information about you when you use this Website:
- Information that you provide. We will collect personal information (such as name, email address, phone number and postal address) from you if you wish to purchase goods from us and if you are a supplier or retail customer then we will collect personal details of your representative/contact point (such as name telephone number and email address. We will collect personal information (for example your name, email address and postal address) if you register for our newsletter;
- You will need to provide us with your name and address if you wish to purchase goods from us.
We may use this information in the following ways and rely on the corresponding lawful basis (together the “Purposes”):
- to provide you with goods pursuant to an agreement that you have entered into with us as a consumer on the basis of compliance with our contractual obligations to you.
- to provide your company with goods and services pursuant to an agreement that your company has entered into with us in the course of business in compliance on the basis of our contractual obligations to your business.
- if you have requested that we do so and you have submitted your contact details to us for these purposes then to provide you with newsletters and other information about features of the Website which we think may be of interest to you and for related marketing purposes on the basis of your consent.
- to provide more appropriate services to you as a user of the Website, including enhancing your user experience, that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer on the basis of our legitimate business interests in order to develop our business;
- to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Website on the basis of our legitimate business interests in order to develop our business.
Information disclosure to third Parties
You agree that we may routinely disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances but not otherwise:
- To our agents and contractors who are bound by applicable contractual obligations;
- To our service providers as sub processors who manage aspects of our operations who routinely contract on their terms and conditions (for example, third parties who provide means of payment for goods when you purchase on the Website, any third party software used in or providers of technical services to the Website) in connection with and necessary for the Purposes;
- If Rodda’s or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our legal and contractual rights.
- Our sharing personal information with other companies within the Rodda’s group of companies which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 in connection with the Purposes and the operation of this Website.
If you have expressly consented to us sharing data with such third parties by notifying us via the Website or in other communications (e.g. by ticking the relevant box(es) on the Website at the point of registration) then for marketing purposes;
Your rights – Marketing Communication
- You will only receive marketing communications from us and/or approved third parties if you have consented to this when you provided your contact details to us (or if you have otherwise submitted your consent to us for these purposes).
- You have the right to ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes at any time. You can request that you stop receiving information from us or change your preferences at any time by visiting our unsubscribe page.
- We do not sell or lease any personal information to any third parties.
- We do not carry out any automated profiling.
IP Addresses and Cookies
- We may collect information about your computer including your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregated information. This is statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you individually.
- ‘Cookies’ are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive.
- Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser and refuse to accept cookies by ticking the appropriate options in your browser. If you choose not to accept cookies you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or other data which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password and any other identifier confidential and we strongly recommend that you do not share your password or other identifier with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access and we have specific procedures in place for any suspected data security breach.
How long we store this information for;
If you have signed up to receive our email newsletters, your contact details will be our mailing list indefinitely or until you decide you no longer want to receive them, by unsubscribing, by either emailing us, or opting out of receiving this communication by clicking the link on our email newsletters. Your email address will be added to a suppressions list which is stored on campaign monitor’s website and retained indefinitely to ensure your email address is not used again by Rodda’s.
If you have provided information for the supply of goods to you as a consumer or as a contact point for the supply of goods or services agreement with a business then we will hold the information for the period necessary for us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations prior to erasing it.
You can request any details of your personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR. You also have a right to rectify/amend or delete or gain access to and certain other rights in relation to any information that we hold on you by emailing: email@example.com. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at ico.org.uk/concerns.