Fixed term contract from now until 7th September.
Monday – Saturday
In 1890 Eliza-Jane Rodda started making Cornish clotted cream in her farmhouse kitchen here in the heart of Cornwall. Over 128 years on, we’re still crafting it the same way.
We’re proud of our history and passionate about our products and our people. Rodda’s is known across the world for crafting the best Cornish Clotted cream – this is down to our care and attention to detail. Without a dedicated team our success would not be possible. Every single member of our team understands they will have an impact on the service we provide and can make a difference in delivering the excellent Rodda’s service, to make Eliza-Jane proud.
About the role….
Imagine 1920’s rural Cornwall and a young Willie Rodda, aged 16, popped a few jars of cream in his pocket and was duly sent to London on the train, his mother saying “go and find somebody who wants to buy the cream”. With that our first venture into export (well outside of Cornwall!) and the Rodda’s brand was launched. The hotels and wholesalers tasted the cream and loved it and the rest, as they say, is history.
The right person will have big shoes to fill and follow in Willie’s footsteps and introducing the next generation to Rodda’s, sharing the taste and pleasure of this quintessentially British institution.
The Rodda’s brand has enjoyed continued success over our 128 year history, and more recently we have really established the brand values and essence. Our name is famous in the south west, well known throughout the UK and has a presence internationally.
The strategy to date is using our limited team resource and budget extremely well to deliver fantastic social media engagement and brilliant press articles.
What we ask of you…..
- Harness the heritage of 128 years and the commitment of the Cornish to ensure that Cornwall and Rodda’s are proudly represented on the world’s stage
- Take a risk to exceed customer expectations – surprise them – go above and beyond!
- ‘Good ideas maximised with brilliant execution’ to bring them to life
- Our underlying mantra is to ‘keep Rodda’s special’ which is reflected in the essence of the brand ‘moments to savour’
- Be empowered – exercise excellent judgement and make decisions by caring enough to do the right thing. A ‘can-do’ attitude and a drive to achieve your very best for others.
- Display a ‘whatever it takes’ approach – having the tenacity and determination to find a marketing solution. Be confident to progress and revisit when circumstances dictate.
- Show a ‘spirit of cooperation’ with customers, colleagues and community
- Help others to understand our values, encourage them to put them into action
- ‘Own the task’ – do what you say you will and deliver to expectations
- Admit when you’ve made a mistake – we all make them, the most important thing is that you do whatever it takes to make the situation right
- Identify and highlight barriers to ‘doing the job right’ – we can all be better
To assist with the smooth running of the sales operations. To support and facilitate
the process of dispatch of high quality goods for customers, in accordance with the
Roles and Responsibilities
- To ensure that your vehicle is being used to the capacity and the quality of the products are being maintained.
- To actively work towards increasing sales and our customer base.
- To ensure that you commence and finish your shifts according to the working rota in operation and all relevant paperwork is on time, fully and accurately completed.
- To report any Health and Safety matters or Accidents/ Near misses to the H&S Officer.
- To keep all matters discussed with management confidential unless disclosure is authorised.
- To bring non-compliance with company’s Rules and Regulations to the management’s attention.
- To maintain a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to Company’s policies, regulations and procedures.
- To be responsible for the collection of money from your customers and report any difficulties in obtaining payment to the Credit Controller or Sales Manager.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your vehicle is cleaned on a weekly basis and to comply with the Food & Hygiene Act.
- All vehicle checks must be completed according to the Company’s procedures and any vehicle faults must be reported immediately so that corrective action can be taken.
Knowledge & Skills
- Skills to drive a Company vehicle.
- Skills to manage own resources.
- Skills to develop productive working relationships with colleagues.
- Skills to ensure own actions reduce risks to Health & Safety.
- Skills to ensure Health and Safety requirements are met.
- Skills to work with others to improve customer service.
- High level of verbal and written communications skills.
- To attend internal meetings as appropriate.
- To participate in the Company’s annual training reviews and to achieve your targets / quality / standards in line with the Company’s targets.
- To attend training courses that may be identified through your training reviews
- To undertake additional duties as may be reasonably required, commensurate with the level of responsibility.
- To be vigilant and show due diligence in respect of the health & safety of yourself and others affected by your work
TBC – Dependent on Experience
Roddas are an equal opportunity employer
Closing Date: 12/07/19
To apply please submit your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.