In 1890 Eliza-Jane Rodda started making Cornish clotted cream in her farmhouse kitchen here in the heart of Cornwall. Over 128 years on, we’re still crafting it the same way.
We’re proud of our history and passionate about our products and our people. Rodda’s is known across the world for crafting the best Cornish Clotted cream – this is down to our care and attention to detail. Without a dedicated team our success would not be possible. Every single member of our team understands they will have an impact on the service we provide and can make a difference in delivering the excellent Rodda’s service, to make Eliza-Jane proud.
About the role….
Imagine 1920’s rural Cornwall and a young Willie Rodda, aged 16, popped a few jars of cream in his pocket and was duly sent to London on the train, his mother saying “go and find somebody who wants to buy the cream”. With that our first venture into export (well outside of Cornwall!) and the Rodda’s brand was launched. The hotels and wholesalers tasted the cream and loved it and the rest, as they say, is history.
The right person will have big shoes to fill and follow in Willie’s footsteps and introducing the next generation to Rodda’s, sharing the taste and pleasure of this quintessentially British institution.
The Rodda’s brand has enjoyed continued success over our 128 year history, and more recently we have really established the brand values and essence. Our name is famous in the south west, well known throughout the UK and has a presence internationally.
The strategy to date is using our limited team resource and budget extremely well to deliver fantastic social media engagement and brilliant press articles.
What we ask of you…..
- Harness the heritage of 128 years and the commitment of the Cornish to ensure that Cornwall and Rodda’s are proudly represented on the world’s stage
- Take a risk to exceed customer expectations – surprise them – go above and beyond!
- ‘Good ideas maximised with brilliant execution’ to bring them to life
- Our underlying mantra is to ‘keep Rodda’s special’ which is reflected in the essence of the brand ‘moments to savour’
- Be empowered – exercise excellent judgement and make decisions by caring enough to do the right thing. A ‘can-do’ attitude and a drive to achieve your very best for
- Display a ‘whatever it takes’ approach – having the tenacity and determination to find a marketing solution. Be confident to progress and revisit when circumstances dictate.
- Show a ‘spirit of cooperation’ with customers, colleagues and community
- Help others to understand our values, encourage them to put them into action
- ‘Own the task’ – do what you say you will and deliver to expectations
- Admit when you’ve made a mistake – we all make them; the most important thing is that you do whatever it takes to make the situation right
- Identify and highlight barriers to ‘doing the job right’ – we can all be better
The Sales Operations Assistant will be that vital person ‘the central cog’ which is pivotal to making stuff happen! A catalyst to a seamless, perfectly executed plan. This is an exciting position that will see daily conversations with the likes of M&S, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Brakes, 3663, Costa, BA, Cafe Nero, Emirates; an exciting arena I’m sure you’ll agree. Ownership, accountability, responsibility for providing a key supporting role within our customer facing teams; the ability to work with a variety of functions, make decisions and act quickly with energy is a top priority. This role will report to the Head of Sales and will reach across our Field Sales, Commercial and Export teams in order to support all future sales plan and activity. This will be a challenging, fun and involved role based in Scorrier. However, there may be occasions where you may need to travel with a member of the Sales Team to meet with customers which may involve overnight travel.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for supporting, co-ordinating and organising the Sales Team in order that they meet their key objectives.
- Create board pack numbers monthly and circulate to the team
- Export administrator/co-ordinator, vet, certification, customer supply and customer services
- Create Rodda brand presentations for customer meetings, ensure produced on time for the team
- Co-ordinating Sales reports
- Co-ordinating key customer site visits and the operational/administration around these
- M&S supply chain administration, ensuring queries and escalations are executed in a timely manor
- Organising and Co-ordinating trade show events
- Attending trade shows as support team
- Credit control, chase late invoice payments, investigate credit queries, follow through total investigation
- Manage diaries, travel arrangements and administration
- Ensuring samples get to our customers
- Providing an admin support role to the Head of Sales
- Provide administration duties for all teams within Sales and to be the central point of contact/co-ordinator for the Field Sales team.
- Ensure customs contract lists are up to date for buyer and supply chain
- Customer services/reception cover
- Retail Store Visits and Tastings
Knowledge & Skills
- NVQ Level 3 in relevant subject (Customer Care, Business, Admin) or proven experience in an administration/customer service role
- Demonstrates good understanding of literacy and numeracy to be able to fulfil the obligations of the role
- Demonstrates excellent I.T. skills including the use of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrates the ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a team.
- Demonstrates excellent organisational skills, administrative skills and the ability to multi-task and organise others.
To apply please submit your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.