12 Months Fixed Term Contract
In 1890 Eliza-Jane Rodda started making Cornish clotted cream in her farmhouse kitchen here in the heart of Cornwall. Over 125 years on, we’re still crafting it the same way.
We’re proud of our history and passionate about our products and our people. Rodda’s is known across the world for crafting the best Cornish Clotted cream – this is down to our care and attention to detail. Without a dedicated team our success would not be possible. Every single member of our team understands they will have an impact on the service we provide and can make a difference in delivering the excellent Rodda’s service, to make Eliza-Jane proud.
To undertake environmental hygiene duties throughout the factory, ensuring high standards cleanliness are maintained at all times.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To liaise appropriately with hygiene team leader on all matters
- To carry out environmental hygiene duties in compliance with the Company’s cleaning procedures
- To ensure the quality of the product meets the Company or customer standard
- To manage hygiene material rotation, in accordance with the department procedures
- To ensure all out of spec goods are dealt with in the correct manner
- To ensure that all relevant paperwork including HACCP is fully and accurately completed
- To ensure all materials and equipment are ready at the start of your shift
- To carry out any other tasks deemed necessary to fulfil the business needs
- To ensure all hygiene equipment is fit for purpose prior to using. Reporting all faults or defects to the relevant manager or supervisor so that corrective action can be taken
- To report any Health and Safety matters or Accidents / Near misses to the relevant depart supervisor
- Responsible for reporting any defect as regards machinery, factory fabric to management and engineering
- To keep all matters discussed with management confidential unless disclosure is authorised
- To bring non-compliance with Company’s Rules and Regulations to the management’s attention
- To maintain a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to Company’s policies, regulations and procedures
- It is your responsibility to ensure your area is regularly cleaned to comply with the company hygiene requirements
- To adhere to the dress code and high / low care procedures
- Responsible for Health and Safety of your working area and equipment e.g. good housekeeping following the clean as you go policy
- To attend internal meetings as appropriate
- To participate in the Company’s annual training reviews and to achieve your targets / quality / standards in line with the Company’s targets
- To attend training courses that may be identified through your training reviews
- To undertake additional duties as may be reasonably required, commensurate with the level of responsibility
- To be vigilant and show due diligence in respect of the health and safety of yourself and others affected by your work
Knowledge and skills
- Skills to operate a pallet truck
- Skills to operate hygiene equipment, i.e. bailer, compactor, floor scrubber etc.
- Skills to manage own resources
- Skills to develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- Skills to ensure own actions reduce risks to Health and Safety
- Skills to ensure Health and Safety requirements are met
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- Skills and experience of chemical handling and Food hygiene
- Operate processing equipment in line with work duties
To apply please submit your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.