Full Time (40 hours per week)
Salary Dependent on Experience
In 1890 Eliza-Jane Rodda started making Cornish clotted cream in her farmhouse kitchen here in the heart of Cornwall. Over 125 years on, we’re still crafting it the same way, creating moments to share and cherished memories. We’re proud of our history and our brand, caring enough to do the right thing for our people and products. Rodda’s is known across the world for crafting the best Cornish Clotted cream – this is down to our care and attention to detail. Without a dedicated team our success would not be possible. Every single member of our team understands they can make a difference by living the values and giving the excellent Rodda’s service to make Eliza-Jane proud.
The HR team at Rodda’s are looking for a highly motivated Payroll and HR Assistant to join a dynamic team. The post holder will be responsible for processing weekly and monthly payroll and pensions, reporting RTI returns and month and year end reporting. The role will also provide HR support to the team and will be reporting to the H.R. Advisor. At Rodda’s our values and our people are at the heart of everything we do. It is an essential part of this role to be an exemplar of the Rodda’s values. Living and breathing them throughout everything we do in HR is essential.
- Process weekly and monthly payroll using the Company’s payroll system and HMRC returns
- Produce payroll reports for the Accounts team
- Issuing e-payslips to all staff
- Process weekly and monthly pension contributions
- Process end of month and year end payroll
- Processing of tax code changes
- Processing starters and leavers (issue of P45s)
- Weekly and monthly RTI returns
- Maintain and manage the Company’s H.R. database and Time Management system.
- Administration of internal training through the Company’s e-learning system
- Administration of agency paperwork/agency bookings
- To assist with recruitment processes including arranging interviews
- Maintain effective records including electronic HR files, training records and all HR files
- Assisting with minute taking at meetings where appropriate including the employee forum
- Assisting with Company inductions.
- Provide administrative support, including word processing, distribution of information, answering telephones, etc.
You should be able to demonstrate….
Experience of working in a Payroll/HR environment.
Excellent I.T. skills including the use of Outlook , Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Excellent organisational skills, administrative skills and the ability to multi-task and organise others
The ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels.
The ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a team.
The ability to effectively prioritise and manage own workload in a pressured environment, despite numerous interruptions and obstacles, and to be confident and able to work on own initiative with limited supervision
Empathy and patience when dealing with employees and deal appropriately with challenging behaviours.
To apply please submit your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.