Salary Dependent on Experience
About us …
In 1890 Eliza-Jane Rodda started making Cornish clotted cream in her farmhouse kitchen here in the heart of Cornwall. Over 128 years on, we’re still crafting it the same way.
We’re proud of our history and passionate about our products and our people. Rodda’s is known across the world for crafting the best Cornish Clotted cream – this is down to our care and attention to detail. Without a dedicated team our success would not be possible. Every single member of our team understands they will have an impact on the service we provide and can make a difference in delivering the excellent Rodda’s service, to make Eliza-Jane proud.
About the role….
Imagine 1920’s rural Cornwall and a young Willie Rodda, aged 16, popped a few jars of cream in his pocket and was duly sent to London on the train, his mother saying “go and find somebody who wants to buy the cream”. With that our first venture into export (well outside of Cornwall!) and the Rodda’s brand was launched. The hotels and wholesalers tasted the cream and loved it and the rest, as they say, is history.
The right person will have big shoes to fill and follow in Willie’s footsteps and introducing the next generation to Rodda’s, sharing the taste and pleasure of this quintessentially British institution.
The Rodda’s brand has enjoyed continued success over our 128-year history. Our name is famous in the south west, well known throughout the UK and has a presence internationally.
About the Role
To ensure excellence of customer service and maximise our sales to our local sales customers by leading a motivated team of Van Sales Drivers who adhere to rigorous standards, continually improving the operation.
Vans and Drivers
- To manage Van Drivers against standards of work and performance and ensure rotas are clear and updated
- To define and implement rigorous written procedures incorporating standards of work, holding Van Drivers to account against them
- To accompany the Van Drivers regularly, and carry out daily debriefs to monitor standards
- To lead and manage the route costings by analysing financial data
- To report back to the executive on a 3 year transport strategy with an emphasis on ‘cost to serve’ and customer optimisation.
- To monitor outstanding debt and to ensure these debts are reconciled though liaison with the accounts team.
- To develop an integrated transport delivery operation that encompasses the consumer and customer momentum towards ‘green’ solutions.
- Ensure all Van Driver clockings are correctly entered into the MitreFinch system and to check all anomalies on a daily basis
- Conduct a root and branch review of the entire LST and ensure integrated and effective processes are in place across all areas (telesales, warehouse and transport)
- Develop and implement a driver code of conduct managing all interfaces with the customer
- Provide and act upon monthly KPIs and report to the executive
- To monitor routes and update in line with changes using the paragon system
- To ensure that all vans on all days are operating within all legal parameters
- To provide cover as a Van Driver for holiday relief and emergencies.
- Carry out personal development plan meetings, performance reviews and any first stage disciplinary processes.
- Ensure stock is ‘owned’ against procedures agreed with warehouse management
- Liaison with the Operating Licence holder and ensuring vehicle defects are dealt with appropriately.
- Ensure all new customers are set up and welcomed to the business appropriately,
- Manage the distribution of Point of Sale and marketing materials to customers
- Resolve order queries from customers
- Organise missed or late orders to meet the customer’s requirements in the most cost effective way.
- Challenge cost to serve
Shows and Trade Events
- To organise the logistics of delivery to and from events in the most cost effective way
To apply please submit your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.