12 Weeks Training – Mon to Fri
Shift Hours 4 on 4 off once training is completed
In 1890 Eliza-Jane Rodda started making Cornish clotted cream in her farmhouse kitchen here in the heart of Cornwall. Over 128 years on, we’re still crafting it the same way.
We’re proud of our history and passionate about our products and our people. Rodda’s is known across the world for crafting the best Cornish Clotted cream – this is down to our care and attention to detail. Without a dedicated team our success would not be possible. Every single member of our team understands they will have an impact on the service we provide and can make a difference in delivering the excellent Rodda’s service, to make Eliza-Jane proud.
To undertake laboratory testing in both Chemistry and Microbiology to ensure high standards of incoming raw and outgoing finished products are maintained. This role will involve working in the factory and offsite facilities.
What are the key responsibilities?
- To be an active part of the Technical Team and competently undertake Chemical and Microbiological testing accurately.
- To record all results and report back all out of specs to management.
- To maintain a Clean as You Go attitude whilst working in the laboratories.
- To ensure all schedules including environmental swabbing, product, waters and shelf life trials are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist in maintaining the laboratory equipment with QC checks and calibrations.
- Undertake daily taste panel.
- Undertake factory scale and Thermometer checks.
- Organisation of Key HACCP production paperwork.
- Be able to work safely according to the Health and Safety regulations.
What are we looking for?
- A keen outgoing person with a good knowledge and understanding of the food industry.
- Previous experience in a similar role would be advantageous, however training is provided.
- A keen eye for detail is required.
- Someone to work well as part of a team.
- Honest and reliable.
- Someone who can work on their own initiative when required.
- To be vigilant and show due diligence in respect of the health and safety of yourself and others affected by your work
- To undertake additional duties as may be reasonably required.
- You will answer into the Technical Area Leader on site.
Knowledge and skills
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of working in a Laboratory.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to organise own workload.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
To apply please submit your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.