About the team & company:
In 1890 Eliza-Jane Rodda started making Cornish clotted cream in her farmhouse kitchen here in the heart of Cornwall. Over 128 years on, we’re still crafting it the same way.
We’re proud of our history & passionate about our products & our people. Rodda’s is known across the world for crafting the best Cornish Clotted cream – this is down to our care & attention to detail. Without a dedicated team our success would not be possible. Every single member of our team understands they will have an impact on the service we provide & can make a difference in delivering the excellent Rodda’s service, to make Eliza-Jane proud.
We looking for a IT Support Technician to join our current IT team of two. The job role will be expanding with time as the successful candidates develop their skills.
Where the successful applicant will be responsible for providing the following support to the business:
- Implement planned roll outs, upgrades & maintenance schedules of software & hardware solutions.
- Monitor back-ups, anti-virus protection, firewalls & email/web usage systems to ensure correct operation.
- Answering first line calls into the service desk, information gathering & logging of tickets.
- Investigate, diagnose & resolve support issues, working with colleagues & third party support as appropriate, taking ownership of tickets.
- Encourage users in making more effective use of desktop systems, products & services, providing detailed advice & guidance.
- Ensure consistent delivery of high quality service within a production environment, in accordance with procedures & policies.
- Ensure procedures & policies relating to backups, anti-virus protection & other security mechanisms are implemented & monitored to protect IT infrastructure, data & business integrity.
- Maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties & adhere to the new GDPR regulations.
Essential knowledge & experience:
- 12 Months relevant experience working within an IT support function.
- A formal IT related qualification.
- Experience of Windows Active Directory.
- Experience in supporting Microsoft server & desktop operating systems.
- Expert knowledge of PC technology hardware, software, operating systems.
- Experience of installing, configuring, testing & implementing hardware & software applications.
- Demonstrate knowledge of problem solving in both hardware & software systems or networks.
- Ability to follow agreed standards, procedures & time scales.
- A passion to learn & develop whilst also ensuring a systematic & disciplined approach to work.
Desirable knowledge & experience:
- Microsoft office & 365 administration.
- Database administration experience.
- Some programming experience preferably SQL.
- Virtualization products & concepts (preferably Hyper-V).
- Report writing & design.
- Customer support experience (in any capacity).
- Work well within a team & manage time effectively.
- Business intelligence application experience (i.e. Qlik).
- Ability to think bigger picture & to identify trends & prevent repeat incidents in the long term.
- Roaming & remote user support over a range of technologies.
- Firewall technologies, VPN & security principles.
- VoIP telephony, software & hardware PBX’s.
The successful candidate will be provided with comprehensive in-house training of all internal applications & systems. They will also be expected to attend external training sessions as required for the role.
This will be on a 4-day working week incorporating one weekend day every week and the working day will be around 10.5 hours. You will be required to provide out of hours support on an on-call rota 1 in every 3 weeks.
TBC – Dependent on Experience
Rodda’s are an equal opportunity employer
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
To apply please submit your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.