About the role…
Imagine 1920’s rural Cornwall and a young Willie Rodda, aged 16, popped a few jars of cream in his pocket and was duly sent to London on the train, his mother saying “go and find somebody who wants to buy the cream”. With that our first venture into International (well outside of Cornwall!) and the Rodda’s brand was launched. The hotels and wholesalers tasted the cream and loved it and the rest, as they say, is history.
The right person for this role will have big shoes to fill and follow in Willie’s footsteps and introducing the next generation to Rodda’s, sharing the taste and pleasure of this quintessentially British institution.
The Rodda’s brand has enjoyed continued success over our 128 year history, and more recently we have really established the brand values and essence. Our name is famous in the south-west, well known throughout the UK and has a presence internationally.
We have been exporting Clotted Cream on a small scale since 1985. Strategic choices have been made with regard to its importance and the stated desires to achieve our goals in this channel of trade. Converting this strategy into action is paramount to the future growth of Rodda’s and our growth aspirations for international over the next 5 years.
To do this we are looking for the right candidate with the best expertise, knowledge and know how to implement our goals. This individual will need to identify and develop potential/current distributors and customers. They will need to market Rodda’s to consumers to increase brand awareness by implementing the correct sales driver activity, in order to achieve our commercial aspirations.
You will have…
- A valid passport – overseas travel will be a requirement of the role
- Export Experience within the food and drink sector.
- Food knowledge and passion for food
- Strong background of hitting / exceeding targets
- Understanding of premium brand
- Understand the importance of working in a team and building strong/trusting relationships with colleagues
- Experience with export documentation and liaising with Customs authorities, distribution centres, freight forwarders, international specialist and partners
- Ability to deal with end customers and international specialists
- Understand the products and benefits of the premium sector and can pitch to a client with clarity and confidence
- Have an understanding of the customers’ needs and the willingness to explore deeper to align our businesses, gain understandings to open up new opportunities to develop mutually beneficial commercial relations
- Have and develop an understanding of the consumer motivations towards a premium food brand, to tailor and develop marketing and commercial plans to drive awareness and conversion into increased long-term sustainable sales growth.
- Have an understanding of the financial, technical and commercial disciplines ensuring the contribution is delivered and developed with all customers
What we ask of you…..
- Harness the heritage of 128 years and the commitment of the Cornish to ensure that Cornwall and Rodda’s are proudly represented on the world’s stage
- Take a risk to exceed customer expectations – surprise them – go above and beyond!
- ‘Good ideas maximised with brilliant execution’ to bring them to life
- Our underlying mantra is to ‘keep Rodda’s special’ which is reflected in the essence of the brand ‘moments to savour’
- Be empowered – exercise excellent judgement and make decisions by caring enough to do the right thing. A ‘can-do’ attitude and a drive to achieve your very best for others.
- Display a ‘whatever it takes’ approach – having the tenacity and determination to find a marketing solution. Be confident to progress and revisit when circumstances dictate.
- Show a ‘spirit of cooperation’ with customers, colleagues and community
- Help others to understand our values, encourage them to put them into action
- ‘Own the task’ – do what you say you will and deliver to expectations
- Admit when you’ve made a mistake – we all make them, the most important thing is that you do whatever it takes to make the situation right
- Identify and highlight barriers to ‘doing the job right’ – we can all be better
Rodda’s is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this role please download and complete our application form. Alternatively please contact the H.R. Team on 01209 823324/01209 823345 and an application form can be sent out to you. Completed applications can be submitted to email@example.com or sent to Roddas, The Creamery, Scorrier, Redruth TR16 5BU