6am – 6pm 42 Hour contract
About the team & company:
In 1890 Eliza-Jane Rodda started making Cornish clotted cream in her farmhouse kitchen here in the heart of Cornwall. Over 128 years on, we’re still crafting it the same way.
We’re proud of our history & passionate about our products & our people. Rodda’s is known across the world for crafting the best Cornish Clotted cream – this is down to our care & attention to detail. Without a dedicated team our success would not be possible. Every single member of our team understands they will have an impact on the service we provide & can make a difference in delivering the excellent Rodda’s service, to make Eliza-Jane proud.
To produce/pack all products in accordance with the Company procedures, whilst
maintain our high standards of product quality and professionalism at all times
- To handle and process all goods into the warehouse ensuring that the products chill chain process is adhered to
- To liaise appropriately with team leaders on all matters
- To produce / pack all product in compliance with the company`s operating procedures.
- To ensure the quality of the product meets the company or customer(s) standard(s)
- To manage packing rotation, in accordance with the department procedures
- To ensure all out of spec goods are dealt with in the correct manner
- To ensure that all relevant paperwork including HACCP is fully and accurately completed
- To ensure all materials and equipment are ready at the start of your shift
- To carry out any other tasks deemed necessary to fulfil the business needs
- To ensure all pallet trucks are fit for purpose prior to using. Reporting all faults or defects to the relevant manager or supervisor so that corrective action can be taken
- To report any Health and Safety matters or Accidents/ Near misses to the relevant depart supervisor
- Responsible for reporting any defect as regards machinery to management and engineering
- To keep all matters discussed with management confidential unless disclosure is authorised
- To bring non-compliance with company’s Rules and Regulations to the management’s attention
- To maintain a thorough working knowledge of and adhere to Company’s policies, regulations and procedures
- It is your responsibility to ensure your area is regularly cleaned to comply with the company hygiene requirements
- To adhere to the dress code and high / low care procedures
- Responsible for Health and Safety of your working area and equipment e.g. good housekeeping following the clean as you go policy
Essential knowledge & experience:
- Skills to operate a pallet truck.
- Skills to manage own resources.
- Skills to develop productive working relationships with colleagues.
- Skills to ensure own actions reduce risks to Health & Safety.
- Skills to ensure Health and Safety requirements are met.
- High level of verbal and written communications skills.
- Skills & experience of chemical handling & Food hygiene
- Operate processing equipment in line with work duties
TBC – Dependent on Experience
Roddas are an equal opportunity employer
Closing Date: 05/07/19
To apply please submit your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.