Van Sales Driver
Full Time – Permanent
In 1890 Eliza-Jane Rodda started making Cornish clotted cream in her farmhouse kitchen here in the heart of Cornwall. Over 125 years on, we’re still crafting it the same way.
We’re proud of our history and passionate about our products and our people. Rodda’s is known across the world for crafting the best Cornish Clotted cream – this is down to our care and attention to detail. Without a dedicated team our success would not be possible. Every single member of our team understands they will have an impact on the service we provide and can make a difference in delivering the excellent Rodda’s service, to make Eliza-Jane proud.
To assist with the smooth running of the sales operations. To support and facilitate the process of despatch of high quality goods for customers, in accordance with the Company procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To ensure that your vehicle is being used to the capacity and the quality of the products are being maintained.
- To actively work towards increasing sales and our customer base.
- To ensure that you commence and finish your shifts according to the working rota in operation and all relevant paperwork is on time, fully and accurately completed.
- To report any Health and Safety matters or Accidents/ Near misses to the H&S Officer.
- To keep all matters discussed with management confidential unless disclosure is authorised.
- To bring non-compliance with company’s Rules and Regulations to the management’s attention.
- To maintain a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to Company’s policies, regulations and procedures.
- To be responsible for the collection of money from your customers and report any difficulties in obtaining payment to the Credit Controller or Sales Manager.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your vehicle is cleaned on a weekly basis and to comply with the Food & Hygiene Act.
- All vehicle checks must be completed according to the Company’s procedures and any vehicle faults must be reported immediately so that corrective action can be taken.
Knowledge & Skills
- Skills to drive a Company vehicle.
- Skills to manage own resources.
- Skills to develop productive working relationships with colleagues.
- Skills to ensure own actions reduce risks to Health & Safety.
- Skills to ensure Health and Safety requirements are met.
- Skills to work with others to improve customer service.
- Knowledge of FTA regulations and use of tachograph
- High level of verbal and written communications skills.
- To attend internal meetings as appropriate.
- To participate in the Company’s annual training reviews and to achieve your targets / quality / standards in line with the Company’s targets.
- To attend training courses that may be identified through your training reviews
- To undertake additional duties as may be reasonably required, commensurate with the level of responsibility.
- To be vigilant and show due diligence in respect of the health & safety of yourself and others affected by your work
To apply please submit your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.