Customer Service Representative
Full Time – Permanent
In 1890 Eliza-Jane Rodda started making Cornish clotted cream in her farmhouse kitchen here in the heart of Cornwall. Over 128 years on, we’re still crafting it the same way.
We’re proud of our history and passionate about our products and our people. Rodda’s is known across the world for crafting the best Cornish Clotted cream – this is down to our care and attention to detail. Without a dedicated team our success would not be possible. Every single member of our team understands they will have an impact on the service we provide and can make a difference in delivering the excellent Rodda’s service, to make Eliza-Jane proud.
Roddas will provide a positive customer experience for all our customers both internal and external. This role is at the heart of the customer experience and will be the voice of Rodda’s providing assistance to the Local Sales Team and National customers creating a customer experience which we are all proud of. It is an essential part of this role to develop positive, lasting relationships with all our customers in order to build upon our Local sales and to create a positive customer experience which our customers will share with others.
What are the key responsibilities?
- Monitoring of emails into the team, entering orders and booking third party transport
- When issues arise take charge of the problem and where possible solve and close the issue before escalating to ensure a quick resolution and notifying the relevant departments. (Following Rodda’s complaints procedure guidelines.)
- A log of weekly issues, via delivery, keying, product or customer issues will be compiled to review weekly (as a team) to feed suggestions to improve and stop future recurrence
- Providing support for the Local Sales Team and Rodda’s sales team.
- To answer all calls into the team according to Rodda’s welcome to deliver to ensure a high standard of customer service.
- Opening new customer accounts following set procedures, correct pricing is used when entering in the system and a welcome letter is sent out along with a copy of their prices and a list of contact numbers and company information. (Opening hours etc).
- Building relationships with customers so that the customer contact information is kept up to date, if the team member is not in the business the customer caller relationship is maintained.
- Contacting customers on the Telesales list throughout the day taking the opportunity to build up a positive customer relationship where possible in order to retain and grow sales by selling in new lines.
- Dealing with customer issues in a prompt manner following Rodda’s complaints procedures, without having to raise the issue to management unless necessary. Communicating customer issues within the team ensuring the solution is logged on priority and learnings are taken in order to improve the customer experience.
- Monitoring of the Sales board to see what items are on special offer and prioritising those items when contacting customers if the product is relevant to the customer.
- Generating leads for the Sales Team to follow up on.
- Arranging samples for customers ensuring that those involved are kept up to date on the progress to ensure the process is completed to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Booking transport for cream by post deliveries as and when required.
- Maintaining Price Files
- Booking collection and delivery transport (e.g. national hauliers)
- Scanning of documents.
- General administration duties
- Represent Rodda’s at Trade Shows willingly in order to build positive customer relations and provide the opportunity to meet face to face with customers.
- Booking trade shows ensuring that all required services are in place in a timely manner.
What are we looking for?
- Having a positive approach to work, working flexibly, willingly and co-operatively.
- Driving work of others along
- Getting results, ensuring key goals, targets and deadlines are met.
- Re-prioritising team deliveries as necessary.
- Recognised by others across both internally and externally as someone who delivers what they say they will.
- Developing and maintaining professional expertise.
- Role modelling the customer service ethos and creating a culture of outstanding customer service.
- Championing internal and external customer service across Rodda’s.
Knowledge and skills
- Demonstrates good understanding of literacy and numeracy to be able to fulfil the obligations of the role
- NVQ Level 3 in relevant subject (Customer Care, Business, Admin) or proven experience in an administration/customer service role
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent