Cornish clotted cream has been crafted from our site in the heart of Cornwall since 1890. Five generations later, and indeed from the same site, we are proud to send our range of dairy products throughout the UK and across the world.
We understand the impact that our actions have on the environment and our communities and therefore are dedicated to respecting these through continued improvement of our environmental performance. This includes pollution prevention and compliance with environmental legislation which are in keeping with our company values. We aim for such positive environmental practices to be adopted throughout our value chain to continually meet our customer expectations.
We will achieve these aims by:
- Implementing and maintaining an environmental management system that will allow us to monitor and control the impact we have on the environment.
- Continually looking to improve our operating processes with the aim of reducing energy consumption and improving water efficiency.
- Minimising all waste streams and implementing the waste hierarchy.
- Reducing our energy consumption in all areas of the business in proportion to the business size.
- Ensuring that all A.E. Rodda & Son employees have access to and understand this policy.
- Including environmental controls in our operating procedures.
- Using clear accident management to reduce the risk of pollution to land, water or air.
- Controlling emissions to air and seeking out new ways to reduce our usage of raw materials.
- Ensuring all our paper or cardboard packaging comes from FSC or PEFC approved suppliers.
We are committed to ensuring training and initiatives are in place to help employees and sub-contractors fully engage with the implementation of this policy.
We will provide the necessary resources, information and training to fulfil the requirements of this policy.