LTA Competition Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. By submitting your entry to this promotion, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entries submitted with incomplete information, or found to contain invalid information, shall be deemed invalid entries.
Promoter: AE Rodda & Son, The Creamery, Scorrier, Redruth, Cornwall, TR16 5BU
- Rodda’s promotion is open to residents of Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) and the Chanel Islands aged 18 or over. Employees and their immediate families, of Rodda’s (“the Promoter”), its agents or anyone professionally connected to this promotion are not permitted to enter.
- Purchase, internet access and a bank account are required.
- 1 entry per person per week.
- 1 win per household.
- The promotion opens on 1st April 2017 and closes at 23:59 on 29th May 2017.
How to enter:
- To enter the Rodda’s ‘LTA tennis tickets and rackets to be won’ prize draw:
- You must purchase a promotional 227g or 113g pack of Rodda’s Cornish Clotted Cream
- Visit www.roddas.co.uk/win-lta, enter name, email address and contact number. Enter the on pack alpha / numeric code, this will be found above.
- There are 374 prizes to be won, break down as follows:
- 24 ticket prizes are broken down as follows:
- Aegon Open Nottingham, 12-18 June 2017 x6 pairs of tickets
- Aegon Championships at The Queen’s Club, 19-25 June 2017 x 6 pairs of tickets
- Aegon Classic Birmingham, 19-25 June 2017 x6 pairs of tickets
- Aegon International Eastbourne, 26 June-1 July 2017 x 6 pairs of tickets
The winners of the tickets will also receive a cheque for up to £200 which will be sent to the winner to cover travel expenses – the Promoter will not be responsible for the cheque being cashed in time to cover said expenses.
- Runner up prizes: 350 Junior Babolat Tennis rackets. An email will be sent out to all of the winners, and rackets posted within 6 weeks of close date.
- 24 ticket prizes are broken down as follows:
Winner Selection & Notification:
- Winners and ticket locations will be chosen at random by an independent verifier on 30/05/2017. The prize is non transferrable and will be issued to the winner listed as the lead contact at the time of entry, the winner will then be able to bring along 1x guest of their choice (see term 11h for full details).
- Winners of the tickets will be notified by phone and e-mail on the 31/05/17. Runner ups will be notified by email on the 31/05/17 and rackets will be posted to the address given at time of entry within 6 weeks of competition close date.
- If a ticket winner does not provide a valid address, is not contactable or fails to respond to initial email notification within 4 days from the date of the initial notification, the prize may be reallocated by the Promoter to a reserve winner selected in the same manner.
- This ticket is issued subject to the Conditions of Entry published by the LTA and displayed at the Venue and at each tournament website, which include the below:
a. Each winner will be allocated 2 x tickets to 1 x days event. The location will be randomly generated and allocated and is non transferrable.
b. If the event is rained off we will endeavour to offer substitute tickets (minus additional travel expenses).
c. If none of the substitute event ticket options work for the winner (or the last event is rained off) you will unfortunately not be able to claim this prize and no alternative will be offered.
d. This ticket is issued to view such matches as may be played on the designated day. Play start times are variable and will be advertised in advance on each tournament website. However, the start of play is at the sole discretion of the tournament management and is subject to weather or other conditions.
e. The ticket remains the property of the LTA at all times. Tickets are not refundable and cannot be transferred or re-sold.
f. Ticket holders may be subject to security checks and bag and/or vehicle searches throughout the Venue. The LTA and the Venue owner cannot take responsibility for personal property brought onto the Venue.
g. The LTA and the Venue owner are entitled to refuse admission or re-admission to, or to eject from, the Venue any person.
h. Babes in arms, children aged under five and prams are not permitted in any grandstand seating. Children aged under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult.
i. There are no onsite left luggage or storage areas. Items, including prams and wheelchairs may not be left unattended.
j. No dogs are allowed in the grounds or grandstand seating, except for registered guide dogs, which are allowed into the Venue but not permitted in the grandstand seating. Smoking is only allowed in the designated areas at the Venue. Glass containers are not permitted in the grandstand seating. Due to licensing laws, no alcohol may be brought onto site and any such alcohol must be confiscated and handed to security staff for disposal before entry can be granted into the Venue.
k. The following items are prohibited from the Venue:
- any item which may be interpreted as a potential weapon, including sharp or pointed objects (e.g. knives, large corkscrews), glass bottles, pyrotechnics and ‘personal protection’ sprays;
- bags larger than 16’’ x 12’’ x 12’’ (40cm x 30cm x 30cm);
- large flags (max. 2’ x 2’, or 60cm x 60cm) banners, rattles, klaxons, oversized hats or any items causing an obstruction or nuisance; and
- all promotional, commercial, political or religious items of whatever nature, including but not limited to banners, signs, symbols, marketing materials and leaflets (unless expressly authorised by the LTA).
Any such items will be confiscated and handed to security staff for disposal and ticket holders in possession of such items may be refused entry to or ejected from the Venue. Items left with event security are done so at the risk of the owner. The LTA and the Venue owner will not take responsibility for lost or damaged goods.
l. Mobile phones must be switched off during play. Professional video, photographic equipment and the use of laptops are not permitted on site. Flash photography is forbidden. Photographic equipment with lenses of more than 300mm when extended are not permitted.
m. Official filming and photography will take place during the tournament. Ticket holders should be aware that, by attending the tournament, they grant their permission to the LTA and its partners for their likeness and voice to be included on film and photographs and their exploitation and advertising without compensation or credit.
n. The Venue will close each day at a time notified by the LTA.
o. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the LTA and the Venue owner hereby exclude any liability for loss, injury or damage to persons/property in or around the Venue. Neither the LTA nor the Venue owner shall be responsible for any interrupted and/or restricted view.
p. No ticket holder may continually collect, disseminate, transmit, publish or release from the Venue any match scores or related statistical data during match play (from the commencement of a match through its conclusion for any commercial, betting or gambling purpose). The continual use of laptop computers or other handheld electronic devices within the confines (spectator area) of the tournament match courts is prohibited. The exception to this provision is properly accredited media, tournament vendors and tournament staff when used in the performance of their duties.
- For a list of the prize draw winner’s full names and their counties, please send a self-addressed envelope to ‘‘LTA tennis tickets and rackets to be won’ c/ o Bray Leino Ltd., Filleigh, nr Barnstaple, Devon EX32 0RX’ within 3 months of the closing date.
- By taking part in the promotion, claimants agree to take part in relevant publicity without further consent or payment. Such publicity may include, without limitation, the participants name and/or image, statements made by the participants concerning the promotion being uploaded on to Rodda’s Facebook page.
- In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this competition at any time with no liability to any entrant or any third party but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for packaging showing the code entered, address and identity details (which they must provide within 7 days) and to refuse to award the prize and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant if there are reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions by an entrant. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion invalidate the relevant entry and disqualify the entrant from the Promotion, irrespective of the stage in the Promotion reached.
- No cash or other alternative prize will be provided in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value.
- If for any reason any aspect of the Promotion does not function correctly, whether by means of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter that corrupts or affects the administration, integrity or fairness of the Promotion, then the Promoter may at its sole discretion cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or invalidate affected entries.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies accept no liability for any loss, expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with the Promotion other than such liability that cannot be excluded by law including death or personal injury caused by negligence, where liability shall be limited to the minimum permissible by law.
- The Promoter’s decision in all matters relating to the Promotion is final and binding.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- This Promotion is subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.